Friday, July 06, 2018

Connie And Costumes

Met up with Carolyn and Bob walking Kimball (along with, of course, their surviving little weiner, Hazel), plus Shelley with her guys, Joey (woof) and Bob (non-woof). Got home a bit after 7:00. Did various after breakfast, then turned my attention to Caroline Dudley and her info. I've started shaping up my talk, but am only on the preliminary, of course.
Connie and I had agreed to meet at 4:15 at the Royal Bakery near WinCo. Lots of construction is going on in that shopping center, so planned to sit outside, as she was coming from the dog groomer's and had both her doggies with her. Drove to town for my walk after lunch. Home, I jumped in the shower, washed my hair, then set off to meet Connie.
I had waited about 20 minutes at the Royal Bakery when Connie called, very apologetic, to say the vet had called and she had to pick the dogs up. Lots of this, that, and phone calls went on and until I suggested we meet at the mall, where I wanted to look for a gift for Violet. (Did, but didn't see anything I liked.)  We finally met at the outside patio (because of the dogs) of California Kitchen, but at six something, two hours after we had planned.
We both ordered glasses of Chardonnay and arugula salad, then spent the next hour and a half talking Carrie and Dudley House. I was thrilled when Connie told me she had brought two costumes to see if I can use them, but surprised when she asked if I minded that she'll enter the contest, also.  She'll represent Heritage Square in Oxnard, one of the many historic places in which she's involved.  Of course, I said I didn't, but I was a little taken aback: She's my adviser, so to speak, and now she'll also be a competitor.  However, no biggie, and I was so thrilled to get the costumes (haven't tried them on yet) that I can absorb that surprise.
Ellen called while I was with Connie to say the dentist had to do something or other with her crown today and since it was going to be a hundred degrees in Ojai, how about her coming over, bringing her lunch, and going to the pool after? Sounds good, although I'm meeting Diane for Happy House at 3:00, but El can simply stay on.  Darn, I finally tried on my bathing suit and the top is a little snug. I want to go back to get a 14, but am not sure if I'll have time before El gets here. I have T.O.P.S. this morning, too, but I guess I can handle it all.
Said goodbye to Connie, took the costumes, and got home at 7:30.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...