Friday, July 13, 2018

Ocean View Toastmasters

Saw the usual park pals at Kimball; home by 7:15. After breakfast, I finally started tackling the myriad tasks that piled up when I was at Ellen's. Oh, all right, from before that and I just neglected them. I pierced, cut, and seeded two big squash--one spaghetti, one acorn--and put the essence in the fridge. Hard-boiled some eggs for my salad and performed other homey chores.
Called Connie to tell her I was frantic about my Carrie costume and after this, that, and the other, she put me in touch with Wild West Costuming, out of Arizona. After a lot more drama, I ordered a skirt, a petticoat, a blouse, and a belt to be sent via 3-day mail. Total expense? Two hundred bucks and change--damn!
After lunch, I took off for Oxnard and finally found the Costume shop. I bought a grey wig, with bun, for fifteen bucks; haven't even tried it on yet, because I'm afraid to; you can't try them on in the store and you can't return them--double damn!  However, easy come, easy go is my new attitude. I stopped at Whole Foods to see Greg, but he wasn't there--I think he's still on vacation.
Home, I jumped in the shower and dressed for Toastmasters.  Suzanne rang my bell and gave me some yummy little tomatoes. She sat and chatted for a bit and we exchanged travel plans. She's going to San Francisco shortly after I return from New Mexico.
Went to Toastmaster--Ocean View chapter, which I hadn't attended before--and had a reasonably good time. Fern and Judi from my groups were there and I met others. They meet at the Lexington on alternate Thursdays, as our Human & Drama does.  Didn't get home until after 9:00.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...