Monday, July 02, 2018

Another Good One

And the beat goes on...
After Kimball and the Sunday morning thing, El called to say the Terrific Trio from abroad were going hiking, then something else, then would come to Ventura. That was fine by me, as I needed the time to get some things done.
Did a big load of clothes, ran the dishwasher, cleaned up the place, and went to WinCo and other places for provisions, as I had almost nothing in the fridge.  Decided to invite the family over for dinner and bought some chicken thighs (I almost never get breast, as I think the darker meat is more flavorful and moist), plus veggies. I wanted to have something I could quickly prepare and that would keep, so if they wanted to come, great; if not, no prob, I'd just have it myself tomorrow.  I oiled and seasoned the chicken, then roasted it in the oven, covered it, and stowed it in the fridge, along with a bag of fresh spinach, and a few other sides. I actually went to look for a bathing suit and tried on a few, but didn't buy.
After lunch, Mike messaged me--I think I've finally gotten the hang of that on my phone--saying they'd be at the Ventura beach. After some slip-ups and a delay of about a half hour which there's no point in recording, I found them on beach number two, and we had a great time. Little Violet is a fish in the water and Vivian did some gymnastics on the beach.
Mike and Violet went back in the water and Viv and I sat chatting on the beach (by this time, it was after 5:00) when the lifeguard came up to us. He mentioned how he had seen Viv doing her thing and complimented her on it.  What a cute guy!  I drew him out a little: name is Kevin, he goes to Ventura College and is majoring in chemistry. Why, what a coincidence: Viv likes science, too. He asked if she went to school here and she said, no, she lives in Singapore. And so on... When he walked away, Viv and I looked at each other and giggled. We agreed Kevin is a dreamboat--or to put it in 2018 terms, as Viv did, is "hot." It's so much fun being with her.
When they finally got their fill of the Pacific, we left in our separate cars to go to Target, which the girls love. Were there for a bit and Mike decided we'd eat out, rather than at my place, which was fine by me. I suggested the Black Angus and that's where we went. By this time, it was 8:00, two hours past my usual dinnertime, but I didn't care.
Had another good time--the girls acting silly together, which I love to see--then went home. This morning, Mike messaged me to ask if I'd get to El's about 9:00, as we're all off to Santa Barbara for cousins' day--yay! 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...