Monday, July 09, 2018

Dudley And Ojai

Kimball, then the Sunday thing.
I tried on the Victorian outfits Connie lent me; unfortunately, none of them--two skirts, two petticoats, two blouses, and a belt--fit. They were either impossibly tight or too long.  I have to look further.
I e-mailed Docent Director Lynne to see if she could let me in the upstairs at Dudley House. When she responded with a barely civil message, making sure I knew what an inconvenience it was for her, I wrote back that I may skip it. I then called Sheri, who was happy to meet there at 1:00.
We met and went through the house as I took pictures and borrowed a few artifacts, including an old washboard. This took an hour and a half (Sheri is not speedy), but was productive, especially as I found two skirts I might possibly wear for my talk.
After that, I packed up and took off for town. It was damned hot, but I did my walk, then drove to Ellen's in Ojai. Not sure what the temp was there, but probably 90 or above and it still is. However, she has central air and it felt divine. I had no sooner walked in then El called from Pismo Beach. They had gone to San Luis Obispo and ran into a gay pride festival, which they enjoyed and El took some pictures.
For dinner, I just put together this and that I found in fridge and cupboard: salsa, crackers, pecans, and fruit. Took a drive after, but then read my book and watched television. When you watch only twenty-year-old sitcoms and the formulaic Forensic Files, it's truly horrifying to see the standard semi-literate garbage presumably swallowed by the general population.
Went to bed at my usual, but had trouble sleeping. I had felt a little chilly, so turned the air down, but that was too hot, so I put it back down.
I had had a little problem getting on to El's internet, but succeeded and now here I am, at my girl's place. I'll go back to my apartment later, as I forgot to bring my mouse and my phone charger. I'll probably stay there most of the day, as I had Poinsettia Toastmasters at 6:30.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...