Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wednesday And Home

The 181-mile, three-hour trip to Albuquerque was, as ever, through some of the most beautiful, typically southwestern I've even seen. Said goodbye, me only a little tearful, after arriving at the airport about an hour and a half before the 1:25 flight time.
Only the flight had been delayed. As it turned out, I didn't take off until 3:00, which meant I missed the 3:30 shuttle at LAX, which meant I didn't get the next one until 6:16, which meant I didn't get back to the Sheraton Ventura until after 8:30, when I fell into the arms of one of my favorite daughters. 
However, all was forgotten when we went Jasmine Thai for a late dinner of spring rolls and chicken satay. Back to my place*, I kissed Ellen goodbye, unpacked the bare essentials, took a quick shower, and fell into bed.
And I just got up! At 8:35!

*Unfortuntely, my homecoming was marred by a letter from management informing me my rent will go up by EIGHTY DOLLARS A MONTH on September 1. Now to decide how to--or if to--1. dispute this somehow; 2. raise my tenant's rent to compensate; or 3. move.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...