Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Rumfish

Back at Ellen's, my phone alarm woke me at 6:00.  Fed Sebastian, did this and that on the laptop, then walked to Von's and back. By this time, it was about 7:15 and the temp was probably pushing eighty. I swept El's patio/backyard and cleaned up after Sebastian, who has a habit  of regurgitating some of his meal. He wants to eat grass after, but couldn't find any in the back, so I got him some from the front.
Packed everything else about 11:30 and left for home. Puttered around, had lunch, then left for town. Walked my usual, then met Diane for Happy House at the Rumfish. We just had beer--"Telegraph Blood Orange Ale," which I liked even more than Blue Moon--and some nibbles. Talked and talked and talked about quantum physics and all kinds of supernatural stuff in which Diane is heavily invested: "But it's in books, I have books on that, I read the books that tell me your thoughts make an aura around your head that eventually merges with others' and forms the universe...." And so on.
But what the hell, I like her and we argue, but pleasantly. She called me a materialist, as if that was a pejorative term, but yes, indeed, not only do I admit it, I'm proud of it. We also bemoaned that fact that we're both taking trips next week, me to New Mexico, her to Chicago, and both our planes leave LAX at 9:30 am. I'm going to have a taxi take me to the Sheraton for the shuttle and I gave her the number.
While we were there, I got a call from Denise S., program director for the museum, saying she'd put me in touch with the museum's costumer re my gig at the county fair.  On the same topic, I stopped into a shop after leaving Diane; they do mostly Renaissance, but said they'd make me a Victorian. It would run from four to six hundred bucks.  Well, thanks anyway. 
Called El just as she and Greg got home about 9:00. She was very appreciative of me being there.  Now I must start getting serious about this trip--I leave in only four days!

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...