Monday, July 16, 2018

Prep

Whew again! After Kimball, breakfast, and the crossword, I stripped the bed and took the few clothes to the laundry place. Made bed, re-did, and folded and packed enough clothes for six months, no doubt, but I'm always afraid I'll run out.
I can't stand coming home from a trip to a messy house (apartment in this case), so I did all kinds of other domestic stuff too boring to record. Finally tried on the wig I bought the other day. Happily, it fits fine--little-old-lady with grey hair and bun. Now I'll be on pins and needles until I see if my two hundred smackers costume fits.
After lunch, I went to get printer ink and the eye drops El said her doctor had recommended. Visine? Horrors! You have to get something called Systane Ultra at eleven bucks a pop. I seriously wonder if it's more expensive than liquid gold, as you get maybe a teaspoon, but oh, well.
I had the vague idea I might go to the pool, but I have only one bathing suit and since I'm taking it to NM, I didn't want to get it wet. Went to the mall with the idea of buying another, but saw nothing I liked and besides, by that time, it was close to 4:00, so I just drove to town, parked at the library, read for a bit, then left. (Run-on sentence, but I care not.)
Tried to eat or otherwise get rid of what was in the fridge and it's pretty well bare. Now here it is, 3:15 am and New Mexico, here I come!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I've used Systane Ultra....works good. I checked the ingredients and got the generic for much moolah. Have a happy, adventurous and memorable trip with those who shall not be named here.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...