Friday, September 22, 2017

Various

After walking Kimball and breakfast, I spent THE ENTIRE MORNING--okay, not quite an hour--cleaning the hard floors. Actually, this is pretty easy with the Bose system: once over with the dusting attachment, switch to the scrub one, spray the stuff, and mop back and forth. It's quick and efficient and I much prefer it to the electric shark, which I also have.
I took the bath mats and rugs, as well as the non-slip one in the tub (most useful thing I ever bought, I think) to the laundry place, and threw them in with the cleaning stuff. I don't put these things in the dryer; it's very convenient to simply drape them on the patio chairs and, by the time I come home in late afternoon, they're dry. Plus, I always think the sun kills germs or something, so it seems oddly healthier than putting them in a machine.
Called Carole to see if Doris had her knee operation. She did, on Tuesday two days ago, and she had said she'd be a few days in the rehab place next to The Townehouse. I thought I'd call her or even drop in after I did the town walk. However, Carole called as I was going back to the car and said she had called Doris and found she's still in the hospital. It seems she had a bad reaction to some medication or other and they wanted to keep her in longer than planned. Doris is about five feet tall and if she tops ninety pounds, I'd be surprised, so I guess a little bit goes a long way with her. I'll send her a card.
While in town, I ran into an acquaintance, Susan Somebody, who is of Chinese descent and has MS. We chatted a bit and she told me she had moved to Colony Parc into a one-bedroom exactly like what I had.
Stopped at Kohl's on the way home and got a new rug and seat cover for the bathroom. Interestingly, they had sent me a gift certificate for sixteen dollars because I've had a Kohl's charge card for that many years. In addition, I had a twenty percent off coupon, so both items cost only $8.99.
After dinner, I took a drive, dismayed that it's getting dark earlier and earlier. And darn, daylight saving time will be over soon, too--but whaddya gonna do?

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...