Monday, September 11, 2017

Milestones

Walked the walk and did the Sunday morning stuff. Did computer stuff but after, found myself sleepy. I know why: I had stayed up a little later than usual, for one. Also, I usually set the alarm for 6:15, but woke up at 5:30 for--well, I don't want to be indelicate here (ha!) I think that was why I lay down on the couch about 10:00 am and actually dozed off for a bit.
Got up shortly, though, and went out for this and that, including more blueberries (my addiction). After lunch did the m. to l. walk, then stayed to read for a bit. I found a book published in 2014 by a woman who started as a maid in a big English household. She writes how how things were in the thirties and, boy, the book is pretty absorbing. I took it out and will continue.
Yesterday was the anniversary of my number one son and his wife. It still seems almost magical that they found each other and, especially, are the parents of marvelous Mr. K., whose birthday was the day before that (but several years later). Anyway, it's a fine thing. And TODAY is my darling daughter, Ellen's, birthday. Lucky am I and even luckier that I know it.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...