Saturday, September 09, 2017

Kimball, Lunch, and Mr. K.

Walked Kimball, changed, then sped over to T.O.P.S. I was somewhat surprised, but not upset, to find I had lost only four-tenth of a pound. I hadn't deviated from my usual, although I did skip my second walk on two days. No prob--I'll just chalk it up to a normal variable (whatever the hell that means).
The meeting was the usual combination of interesting exchanges and so-so limping along. Our leader, Lenny, conducted it, then was leaving for China at one o'clock in the morning. Boy, I'd love to go back there myself.
Instead, I did the next best thing: met Nancy for lunch at Mimi's Cafe. I had a coupon for two entrees for the price of one and we just applied it, then split the rest of the cost--(we thought). We had our usual good talk and both had the Cobb (it was named for a person, hence the capital "C") salad and glasses of Chardonnay. We didn't leave until it was almost 3:00 and I drove directly to the museum. Changed into my tennis shoes (formerly "sneakers") and did the walk, read for a bit, then walked back. When I got home, I looked on-line at my checking account and found I had been charged for both lunches. Printed it out, went back to Mimi's, talked to the manager, and it will probably be rectified by BOA in a few days.
Today is the birthday of a precious little boy in Tokyo, my younger grandson, Mr. K. Since his father won't allow either his image or his name to be shown on the Internet (except on "invitation only" Google Plus). I'll just say he looks like both his parents, is bright and exuberant, and today is FOUR YEARS OLD!*
* Well, this is a little anti-climatic: Where he lives, he was four yesterday.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...