Saturday, September 16, 2017

Good Day

Turned out to be a petty good (because different from the usual) day.
Got up to find an e-mail from my tenant, telling me she had sent me a text (I didn't get it because she used my old phone number) to let me know the lawn service had dug up the back yard horribly. I immediately called Prime Management (homeowners' association) and was told Meticulous (lawn service) had dug small holes to aerate the grass. They're coming next week to look over those who are complaining and I conveyed this to Eileen. She had also sent pictures to my phone--said she didn't know how to get them to this computer--and yes, it looks messy and chopped up. I assume they'll fix it.
All this was after I walked Kimball, but before I went to T.O.P.S. There, I found I had lost, but only six tenths of a pound, whatever that is. Last week it was only four tenths down and I'm going to modify a bit. I think the problem is that I'm eating too much fruit at night.
I saw Brenda, who said all was fine with my upcoming "Acting for Amateurs." Wow, I'm amazed they didn't squawk over the higher compensation I suggested; it's not quite twice as much as I got before, but almost. (Ha--should have asked for more!)
Anyway, Carole was there and said she was taking Doris to the Black Angus for her birthday and did I want to go? Sure thing, and I met them there at noon. Naturally, I didn't order off the menu, but brought my tangerines and ate them with a nice carafe of Chardonnay.
Doris is going in the hospital next week to yet again have her knee re-done. She'll have rehab after that--I hope this finally fixes her problem, as she has great difficulty walking. Anyway, I had a good time; it was refreshing to be with just the two of them.
Home about 2:00 and had a salad. After that, I actually lay down on the couch and fell asleep until 3:30. That pepped me up and I drove to town and did my usual walk. Slept like a stone last night.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...