Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Usual and El's Birthday

Walked both walks, went to WinCo, and called brother Larry in Jacksonville, to find the electricity was out, but his daughter's house had suffered no damage. Irma, it seems, has moved on, and they'll likely go back to Miami today. I was prompted to call Larry because my friend, Sue, texted me to see how things were there. Nice of her.
After the afternoon walk, and a half hour in the library, I jumped in the shower, washed my hair, and dressed to meet Ellen and Greg at Jasmine Thai.
We had a good dinner and even a better time together. El opened cards and presents, including a picture from her brother and sister-in-law in Tokyo we were sure was of their just-turned-four-year-old. But no, it was a portrait of El's cat, Sebastian! N. must have taken it when they were here a few months ago; we all got a kick out of that.
Betty called just after I got home. She had run into an old classmate of ours from fourth grade, but didn't continue at St. James. I don't remember her at all.
Now I must get busy preparing for my new A. for A. class. Haven't heard back from Brenda, so will contact her within a few days.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...