Friday, September 15, 2017

"Nightmare" and Sleep

After the Kimball walk and breakfast, I realized I needed to replenish my veggie supply. Went to WinCo and got broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, acorn squash, zucchini, red and green sweet peppers, and lettuce. Added chicken and blueberries; I already have plums, onions, and apples. Spent the morning preparing my goodies: Used the chop wizard on the cauliflower, cucumber, and chicken and the mandolin on the zucchini; I'm holding the rest in reserve.
I was pleased that the book I ordered, Laughing At My Nightmare, came and I started it during lunch. It's by and about a young man named Shane Burchaw, who's now (I think) 22 and has a very debilitating muscle disease (SMA). He has never walked and, in fact, can do very little for himself. However, he has a great--sometimes bawdy--sense of humor. I'm also "friends" with him on Facebook and enjoy what he writes. I feel I know the whole family (parents, younger brother) and his girlfriend, Sarah.
NOTE: Darn. For the first time in an age, I had trouble sleeping last night. Got up about midnight for the usual, then couldn't get back. I even got up and looked at Facebook--probably not a good idea. Finally dropped off, but I'm a little draggy this morning.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...