Saturday, September 23, 2017

T.O.P.S. And Glasses

Did the Kimball thing, then zipped over to T.O.P.S. I was bemused to find I weighed in exactly what I had at the doctor's on Tuesday: 145.6. That means I lost two pounds since last time and am down 36.8 pounds. Okay, I'll go with that.
It was a pretty good meeting, although Lolly was presiding (Lennie is in China) and, as ever, she let the conversation range all over the globe. Didn't get out until almost 10:00, so I didn't have breakfast until after that, but it was okay.
I can't even remember what all I did between breakfast and lunch--computer stuff, probably--except for writing out a "get well" card for Doris. Called Betty, but haven't heard back from her. Went out for my usual afternoon walk and as I was locking my door, Suzanne came out. I hadn't seen her since she got back from San Diego from a conference, so I welcomed her back.
On my way from the museum to the library, I stopped in a few stores. When I got to the library, I discovered I didn't have my reading glasses. I know I had them earlier, so I can only think they slipped off the top of my head. I went from town to the 99-cent store to buy more and took the ones I keep in the car. Incredibly, I lost those, too! So--I bought two pair to replace the ones I had lost. Hey, if these had been my prescription glasses from years ago, I would have moved heaven and earth to find them; at that time, they cost over five hundred a pair. Now? It was just a slight annoyance, aside from a little worry that I'm "losing it," as the saying goes.
My darlin' girl called about 6:00--so good to hear from her--and suggested dinner out tonight. Yes, indeed, and I suggested Ojai Beverage, so we might go there. I remember their "beer sampler"--four different beers in little (maybe four-ounce) glasses, that I liked quite a bit.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...