Thursday, September 14, 2017

Variety

"Variety is the spice of life." Actually, the correct quote is "Variety is the very spice of life" (William Cowper, 1731-1800) Does that seem to conflict with the consistency thing? Nah, just depends on circumstances, I think.
Walked both walks, natch, and bought yet another sweater at The Coalition. Later, I go some household stuff done. Made an appointment at the hairdresser's for a color and cut--badly needed--on Monday at 3:00. I have dinner with the widder group that evening, a doctor's appointment (routine) the next day, and Council for Seniors the day after that.
Got an e-mail from Japan son to the effect that the four-year-old wants to know about his ancestors. Specifically, he asked for "Helen Byrne's grandmother's" name. H.B. is my mother, of course; her mother's name was Sophie Bub, but I'll have to search out her mother's name. Hmm...I have loads of family ancestry stuff on both sides, but I'm not sure I have that. I do know that Sophie's father--my great-grandfather--was Wilhelm Bub, of Alsace, Lorraine. I'll dig into my info and send him some.
When I was leaving for my second walk, Suzanne came out to ask about my family in Miami. I assured her they had all survived and, to my knowledge, their various properties hadn't been damaged. I refrained from making a snide remark, such as "must have been your prayers that did it." (Stop it, Mimi!)

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...