Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Brothers

Kimballed my Kimball (I'm trying to jazz things up a bit, rather than start with the same thing every day. I don't want to omit the info, though.). After breakfast, I zipped over to WinCo for supplies, mostly veggies.
Called Alameda brother, Frank, who said he was "fair," which I think is an accurate assessment. His physical condition may--or may not--have improved, but he seemed a little more confused than he did. He used to follow the routine of a long walk, then a coffee shop every early morning; sadly, he can no longer do that. Called Virginia brother Jim after that. His Therese answered and we discussed her own "getting on" woes: She has had a neck condition for which she had surgery years ago. It's now worsening and she dreads the idea of having it again. She is an R.N. and knows the routine, I'm afraid. Think I'll call Florida brother, Larry, today, just to touch all brotherly bases.
Dressed for the widder lunch group and joined the gang at noon.
We had a new member: Elise, who lost her husband to cancer less than a year ago. The regulars there were Susan, Gayle, Carolyn, Donna, and me, and I had my usual: the tangerines I had brought myself and a nice glass of Chardonnay. You get a free piece of pie on Mondays--they even give it to me, although I don't order a meal--and I gave mine to Elise.
Went from there directly to town, parked at the museum and walked to the library. Wouldn't you know it was closed for Labor Day. That was all right, though, because I got my walk in. Got home earlier than usual, about 3:00, had a big dish of broccoli, then filled in my new password book. The old one was very messy with cross-outs and notations I don't use anymore.
Computer guy is due today at 10:00. I fervently hope he can get my Word back in shape.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...