Thursday, September 07, 2017

BCNN and Irma

Walked K., had breakfast, then changed and took off for the Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers monthly meeting at 9:30. They have a breakfast spread, of which I used to partake, but now just have fruit. Most of the stuff is sweet--muffins and so on--and even when I wasn't losing weight, I didn't eat it; I don't like sweet stuff in the morning.
Met Doris and Sherry there and they oohed and aahed, as we hadn't seen each other for some time. I wore my new straight-leg jeans, my shoe boots, and a white cam with maroon top over it. If I say it myself, I looked good.
The program was a fashion show, with members modeling clothes from Chico in Oxnard. It was only mildly engaging, but at least wasn't too long. Drove home after, did a few things and had lunch, then took off for town again. Did the museum to library walk after sitting in Mission Park and calling brother Larry in Miami.
I don't watch what passes for news on television, so haven't been following the progress of hurricane Irma news or even the northern California fire news. Until somebody mentioned it, I didn't realize Irma was still on her way. I wasn't able to get in touch with Larry and hoped that didn't mean he's been swept out to sea.
He hasn't, I'm happy to report. My niece, Elaine, put on Facebook that he, Helen, and one of their other daughters (they have four, plus two sons) were on their way up to Jacksonville to wait it out at yet another daughter's home.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...