Thursday, September 28, 2017

Bone and Theatre

The usual Kimball and breakfast, then SCAN for the bone density test. When I got there, I found the machine wasn't working; however, the BP was and I had that done. It was 107/65, which I think is good. While I was talking to the nurse (technician?), she said she'd like to try the bone density machine again and asked me to take off my left shoe and sock. For some reason, it worked, although she said it hadn't on right feet. It seems I have some loss: T-score is 2.28 and Z-score is 0.59. According to a paper she gave me, this means low bone mass, but not osteoporosis.
Home after that to do a few chores, then prepared my big salad for lunch and stowed it in the fridge while I did a few things on the computer. After lunch, as usual, I took off for town. On my way, I passed, as I always do, the "Institute for Spiritual Living," a very large, cathedral-like building. (I found out later it was built in 1927 as a Baptist church.) I always wanted to go in and look at the interior and I impulsively parked and did just that. To my surprise, it looked more like a theatre and--hey, there were three people--two men and a woman--talking in the front row. I asked if I could look around and the woman said, "Well, we're holding auditions..."
Auditions! Wow, that was interesting. I went down front and chatted with them for a few minutes--they were very nice and the woman asked if I'd like her card. Yes, indeed, and would you like mine? We exchanged cards and I mentioned I teach acting to seniors. It turns out she's Karyl Lynn Burns, producing artistic director of the Rubicon Theatre Company. Karyl asked if I'd like to be on their mailing list and I said yes. This is a semi-professional group--I think--and I saw a play in that theatre several years ago. Who knows what might transpire here? Maybe nothing, but there's the bare possibility it could lead to something.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...