Sunday, September 24, 2017

Dinner With Daughter

Kimballed, breakfasted, computer stuffed (ha!), and so on and so forth. Called Betty and heard about her children's recent visit. Went to WinCo for this and that, had lunch, then took off for town.
I did the usual walk, during which I got a call from Doris. She was still in the hospital--as a result of her bad reaction to a medication--but said she was going to be moved to rehab today. The plan was for her to be in the hospital only overnight; I wonder what kind of drug she reacted to.
When I got back to the car, I realized it was too early to drive to Ellen's, as our dinner date was for 5:00, so I drove up to Grant Park and enjoyed the magnificent views on both sides. There was a wedding reception going on in a set-aside area and what a gorgeous setting for that. There was music and a dance floor had been set up, as well as lots of tables and chairs, all with white tablecloths and flowers. It's a perfect setting for an occasion like that.
Got to El's at 5:00 and we talked for an hour or so, discussing her class, among other topics. We then went to Ojai Beverage for dinner. We both had big Cobb salads and I enjoyed the "beer sampler." For ten bucks, you get four four-ounce glasses of different beers--I chose local brews--all of which I enjoyed.
After we got back to El's, we took a walk. It's fun to do that in Ojai, especially because all the houses are different, unique, and interesting to see. Said goodbye at about 7:30--it was already dark, darn it--and was home with no prob.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...