Sunday, September 10, 2017

This And All That

Walked Kimball. After breakfast, I looked into the SCAN flyers I had made up for last "Acting for Amateurs" course. Will modify and take them to the VCS meeting on Wednesday, the library, and a few other places.
As I promised Carole, I called Sue. It turns out she's been having big problems with her knees. She's already had surgery and there may not be much alternative to having it again, which she doesn't want to do. Anyway, we had a good talk. I was interested to learn that this time of year, thousands of sea lions come up on the California coast and cause lots of problems, especially if you live on a boat, as Sue and Mac do. Sue isn't on Facebook and asked me to look at Almar Marina's page. There's a nice piece on Sue and Mac, as Mac made a manikin out of SVC pipingm which the sea lions take for real and stay away. I copied it and e-mailed here the piece and three pictures. Anyway, I left it at "when you're able, give me a call and we'll get together." Called Carole to report on Sue and said I'd send her the marina write-up, also.
After lunch, I stopped into the office to see the new decor. I'm not a fan of retro fifties style, but this is actually pretty well done. Talked to the assistant manager and learned I won't be hit with a rent increase this year. That's good, but considering I pay more than anybody else with a one-bedroom in this complex, I should hope not.
Did the usual m. to l. thing. Took out Everything Is Illuminated, which got rave reviews a few years ago, but I had never read. It's very different from the usual, but so far, I like it.
I had e-mailed Ellen to ask if I could take her and Greg out for dinner for her birthday, which is tomorrow. She said yes and we'll meet at Jasmine Thai at 5:00--looking forward to it, of course.
Got home about 5:00 and stopped to tell Suzanne that Sharon had finally come back to T.O.P.S. She invited me in and we talked for a half hour or so. Suzanne invited me to a diabetes group presentation on healthful cooking, probably in November. (Part of her job is to organize these things, in addition to other duties.) She's going to a conference in San Diego next Saturday and will be gone until the following Wednesday--busy lady.
After dinner, I was playing my Big Fish game on this device, when I was delighted to get a Skype call from son Mike in Singapore. Talked to him and the girls--now 13 and 9, they're getting so big and so beautiful--and saw their (relatively) new digs. The apartment is elegant, but on the nineteenth floor; great views, but it's a little scary. It was wonderful to hear see them.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...