Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Consistency

"Consistency, thou art a jewel." That's sometimes attributed to Shakespeare (almost everything is) or the Bible (everything else is), but nobody seems to know for sure who wrote it first. Seems to me it's the first rule of effective weight loss.*
Well, I'm nothing if not consistent: I walk the mile and a half around Kimball Park every morning and the same distance from the museum to the library and back every afternoon. Did so yesterday (as I have virtually every day for six months) and it occurred to me I may be in a rut. However, it's working and it sure beats sitting in front of the T.V. Also, I'm out and about among other people and for me, that's better than home alone.
Anyway, I stopped into The Coalition and bought a sweater--dark blue and with a kind of fringed collar. I know it's going to get cooler soon--in fact, I wore a light sweater to the park today--and this was a good buy. On my way back to the car, I sat in the park and called Betty to tell her I do, indeed, remember Mary Kale. We had a nice talk; her three children are coming in tomorrow. According to her, it's because they're worried about her and "want to get to California so they can take care of me." She said they think she's "losing it." I asked, "What do you think?" She said she forgets things now and then, but who doesn't? She has a point there.
Cooked up a yummy fresh tuna steak, along with fresh spinach and--yes, fresh--mushrooms.
*Hmm...but then from that old gasbag, Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Actually, I subscribe to both adages--depending on circumstances.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...