Sunday, June 29, 2014

This And That

Just this 'n' that: Brother Larry called and we had a good talk. Manager of Romanelli's called; she seems to have lost any paperwork about Dine Around--which is today--but we straightened it out.  
E-mailed Aline to tell her I was thinking of her and her sister-in-law, who had a malignant tumour excised on Friday.  A. wrote me back joyously to say the news is good: It doesn't seem to have spread.
Drove up to Forked River.  Found a Shop-Rite and got a few items.
Tackled this week's produce, trimming and washing kale and Swiss chard and putting former in slow cooker.  Seasoned chicken thighs and had them for dinner.
Mary Ann Van O. asked me to take her to Dine Around.  I will, after her Theatre Arts thing at the clubhouse which I think is Most Happy Fella.  That will take most of the afternoon, but I guess I'll enjoy it.
High point of the day was a Skype call from Bootiful Baby in Tokyo.  What a precious!  (Yes, I use that as a noun.)  His Dad, however, was quite tiresome.  He's in cahoots with his brother and both like to lecture me on my spendthrift ways.  Unfortunately, I know they're right and will shape up shortly; otherwise, I'll never get to California.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...