Thursday, June 12, 2014

Second Session

Whew, the second and last F.O.C.U.S. session went very well.  A few people didn't show up, but others who hadn't registered, did. I spent some time on effective resume-writing, then mock interviews, which I had the rest of the class critique.
Brian I., the reporter from the Atlantic City Press, came and stayed through the meeting, then we chatted after.  Nice guy, and he himself sees the handwriting on the wall when it comes to his paper. One of the guys in my class, Stephen H., was laid off from the Press--he's a computer programmer.
Beforehand, I got more of the housework out of the way and, after, stopped at the Galloway Shop-Rite for stuff for today's dinner when Rob and Jan are here.  Continued cleaning the master (hey, what about the mistress?) bedroom and bath, where I put the couple.
Greatly enjoyed new videos of precious little K., who is surely the most adorable nine-month-old on the planet.  I never saw a baby more consistently cheerful, curious, and happy.
Got a call from Mercedes, whom I had met at the Peace Pilgrim covered dish and we chatted for fifteen or so.  I'll contact her and/or Linda for lunch one of these days.  Must do the same soon with the Fitzsimmons girls and my friend's people (that's cryptic, yes, but I can't help it).
Got an e-mail from Anita from Stockton, asking if I'd be willing to repeat F.O.C.U.S. next semester and to head up a networking group drawn from my class and others.  I doubt if I want either commitment and I sure as hell am not willing to do it gratis.  I did offer to present my Dionne Quintuplet program and she was interested in that.  She also asked if I'd be willing to do an acting workshop, but I don't think so.  I'm already committed to doing that for FELS and that's enough, I think.
It's been, and continues to be, a busy month, but now that the F.O.C.U.S. commitment is out of the way, I have a little breathing space.  

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...