Saturday, June 28, 2014

LETCO, T.V., And Births

Whole lotta nothing went on yesterday.  Went to Shop-Rite for chicken and their embryos, plus other items.  Washed, put away, cleaned up, prepared veggies, talked on the phone, spent time on the computer--ho-hum...
However, things started looking up today: Just opened an e-mail from Mary H., of LETCO, saying we're going to do a reprise of Tony And The Heiress in August.  The group did this years ago before I was a member, and it's a musical, which lets me out for a major part.  However, some barflies are needed and, yo mama, that's my bag!  Wrote back immediately with a "count me in."
Interestingly--in a mild and minor way--I haven't watched television for more than a week.  My abstinence wasn't planned; I was at the wedding, then doing other things, and just kept going to bed without turning it on.  As happened when I quit smoking, I don't even think about it; it just seems in the natural order of things to find the pastime unappealing.
This day--June 28--is a red-letter one for me.  Both my oldest child, my son in Tokyo, and my oldest great-grandson, J.P., Jr., brightened the world with their arrivals today.  Happy birthday; you are two of my most precious and I love you both.  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...