Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Busy

Busy, busy, busy.  Left early for the Kohl's in Mays Landing to see if they had anything you'd wear to a dog fight, let alone a wedding. (Ha! That's an old saw from my youth: "I wouldn't wear that to a dog fight!")
They didn't.  Tried on innumerable outfits, all of which made me look old, overweight, and a fashion outlaw.  Hmm, could I be I'm old, overweight, and a fashion outlaw?  Nah.
Finally bought a few casual things and a pair of shoes, then went to B.J.'s nearby for pumpernickel and oranges.  Zipped down to Produce Junction for plants and Canal's for wine and beer.  Didn't get home until 4:00 and had leftover chicken thighs for late lunch/early dinner.
Two calls from Stockton State.  One was from the brain research study I had participated in last year; they want to test again and we made two dates. The second was from Dave B., who heads up the Center for Successful Aging thing, saying a reporter from the Press of Atlantic City wants to do a story on my program.  I agreed, but I'm not thrilled about it; more on that later.
Revived, I hulled the two quarts of strawberries I had picked, added sugar, and froze.  I'll have them over vanilla ice cream for dessert when my company gets here.  Made crystal pickles with the Kirby cucumbers I bought the other day, and did a few other things.
Aline called and we made a date for breakfast this morning at Dockside.  First, I went to Lab Corps for blood work, as I have a check up shortly.
Just now got back from an enjoyable breakfast with my dear pal, then left her off at the bus stop on route 9, as she's going into Manhattan for a ballet.
More tomorrow.  Must shower and get ready for my hair appointment at 12:30.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...