Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pat Here

My pal, Pat R., got here almost exactly when she had said she would--11:23 or so--and we sat down for an hour or so of chat. When we were ready for lunch, she suggested Italian Gourmet, one of my regulars spots, and it's on the way to A.C.  Good choice, said I, and we went there.  After a leisurely one and more talk, we continued on in her very comfortable Lexus SUV.
As Patti remarked, Atlantic City has changed radically since we were kiddies in 1902.  All kinds of new road configurations were confusing, but we soon found the Noyes Arts Garage.  Our mission was to see if we could get a lead on where the three large pictures that hang in my living room originated. I bought them from United Way during the short time I worked there six or seven years ago. They depict various views of the A.C. boardwalk and Pat is interested in possibly acquiring them for her apartment in Moorestown.
No luck on that score, but we enjoyed the art works, anyway.  We talked to a photographer who has a shop there and sells old and new photos of the area.
On the way back, we accidentally got in an "exact change only" lane on the Expressway, and also passed the exit for the Parkway. Got home okay, though, and after a quick glass of peach with mango (my fave), we said goodbye.  I drove in front of Pat just to get her to Route 539, which isn't as straightforward as it should be.
Had a bite, then tried to un-staple the frames for the college pictures of my father.  Impossible!  I got so frustrated, I put them in the car and drove to Michael's. There, I asked the frame guy to get the damn staples out--he did, but needed a screwdriver and pliers to do it!--and put the pics in.  They look good, I'm happy to say. Followed all that by getting bubble wrap at Staples, then stopped at K-Mart for gift paper.
Didn't got home until almost 8:00, when I finally sat down at the computer with a glass of milk and--I confess!--sugar wafers.  Almost immediately, I spilled the glass and milk spread out on the desk, nearing the computer router, or whatever the hell it is. That surely would have been a disaster, but I was able to stem the flood, mop it up, and all seems okay.
I want to leave for the farm early--it takes an hour and a half to get there--pick for my friend and me, then get home, I hope, by one or so. Betty's coming about two to stay over and I still have to pack for the trip, plus prepare for Mike being here while I'm gone.    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...