Saturday, June 14, 2014

So Fine

A fine day!
Ignoring the lousy weather (clouds, gloom, periodic rain), we picked Betty up at the Washington Avenue house (she was there to received her newly-appraised oriental carpets) and went directly down to Cape May.
We were all hungry, so stopped at the first nice restaurant we saw--directly across from the beach, although that was hidden by the damn dunes.  We sat on the patio and enjoyed the yummy food; I couldn't resist my usual (I'm getting in a rut!) rare hamburger and the others had various salads.  I asked Rob for a beer recommendation and we both had Stone IPA (India pale ale), which was excellent.
After a leisurely meal for which Rob insisted for paying, we drove around town sight-seeing.  However, we had to get back to Ventnor before 5:00 for a reason which will be revealed tomorrow--no, I will not accept your bribe to learn it beforehand!--so left after a short time.
After completing our (my) errand in Ventnor, Rob got subs for later at Sacco's, then suggested we walk the boards on Ocean City.  Betty begged off, as her knee was bothering her, so we dropped her at her car (she'll see Rob and Jan at the wedding next week) and went over to Rob's old stompin' grounds.
Enjoyed the boardwalk, which had just enough people on it to be festive, but wasn't so horrendously crowded as it will be in high summer, and even strolled on the beach for a bit.  We got frozen custard--could a creature exist who doesn't love it?--walked back to the car and went off.
Rob and Jan offered to share their subs, but I wasn't very hungry after the big lunch and ate a leftover chicken leg.  We chatted happily for a bit, then I took a shower, and turned in.
My company, whom I've come to know and like so well, will leave about 10:00, as they're on their way to Rob's brother, my nephew, Tim's, in Vermont.  I will see them next week at the wedding, though, plus, my boy, Mike, is winging in this afternoon--yay!  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...