Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Activities

Aline called early and we made plans to go into Manahawkin, as I had several errands to run.  Before that, I assembled a packet for Rosalie containing directions to my house and to Atsion Lake, plus information on stamp dealers near her (don't ask).  Re-made the guest room beds, washed towels, stopped at the P.O., then picked up A. and we were off.
Got the vintage college pictures of my father (with the track and debating teams) at Staples, then went next door and bought two frames.  I had planned to give them to my nephew and his bride for a wedding present, but now I'm wondering if they're just too big and bulky.  Also, as Kat is an artist, do they really need more things to hang on the wall?  I may take the frames back.
Returned a skirt to B.J.'s, then we went to Element for lunch. We both had a kind of noodle soup--very good--and, as ever, good talk and laughs.
After that pleasant interlude, we went to Target where I looked for a white top for the dress I'm wearing to the wedding.  No luck, but the sales clerk called the Mays Landing store and they have some in white.  Is it worth going back there and if so, when?  Pat R. is coming today and we're going to Atlantic City and tomorrow is picking day at the farm.  Dunno.
Got a call from longtime friend, Jeanne P.  There will be a memorial mass and lunch next month for her sister, which I plan to attend.  I was interested to hear that my friend, Naomi P., is in touch with Jeanne's cousin, Phil D., whom I vaguely remember from--oh, half a century ago. I've been meaning to call Naomi, and will do so.    
Betty called and I invited her to stay over tomorrow, as we leave for the wedding in the morning.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...