Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Company Gone

So Mike blew in on Saturday and blew out yesterday. He walked with Susan and me at 7:00, then went and got fresh bagels; he thinks the bagel shop right here in Little Egg Harbor is about the best.  My goodness, we should be so proud...
He packed, then we hung out until lunchtime.  I suggested Lizzie Rose, which would have been nice if it was open, but for the third time I've tried to eat there, it wasn't.  Opens from Wednesday to Sunday, according to the lady in the next door gift shop, so who knows if I'll ever strike it lucky(?) and actually have lunch or dinner there.
At Mike's suggestion (insistence? demand?), we went to what used to be ScoJo's instead. It's now Shorty's and frankly, I thought it came up short in the service area.  The waitresses seem to be Shorty's great-grandmothers--geez, they'd out old me--and I ordered an Italian hot dog, but it didn't have...
Aagh!  I can just see Mike's clenched teeth and steely eyes!  He thinks I complain a lot, when in fact, I well know his sulky ways and absolute certainly that the world revolves around him and it damn well better.
Just kidding, Mikey.  After lunch--and I must say, they were the big hot dogs, probably bratwurst or something and very good--we walked on the boardwalk that winds around the Seaport over water. Then we took a short hike in Freedom Fields--now, why does that name irritate me?  Very pleasant.
Mike then packed up and left for NYC.  He'll be back next week, but I won't be able to see him, as we'll be up at my great-nephew's wedding.  There's a bare possibility he'll go, but it's unlikely, so I probably won't see him next week--darn.
Drove up to Staples to get the pictures of my father at college duplicated.  Searched for frames, but haven't gotten them yet.
When I got home, I was amazed to have a phone message from my old friend--or not--Rosalie P.  Called her back and we talked about an hour.  Long story re her, which I'll save for another day, except to note that she asked me to search out a stamp dealer who will buy hers that have Mussolini on them.  And where the lake we used to go is. And other things, too complicated to record.  However, bottom line is we're reconciled after about eight years.
Saw Avis E., a friend of Susan's, who's visiting her and Walter, and went over to chat with her.  She asked me to find her a place to live in Towson, MD.  Oh, it's a long, long story I'm going to skip, but it strengthened my belief, valid or not, that people are always asking me to do things.
Went to Hamilton Mall late and around there late in the day to try to find a top for the dress I guess I'm wearing for the wedding.  No luck, though I went to umpteen stores.  Will try Target today.
Company all gone now.  I'm glad to be back in my own bed, but I miss Mike and am so regretful I won't see him when he's back on Friday.




No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...