Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A. And Me

I came home to a slew of messages and stack--well, I'm exaggerating--of items I had put off before the trip north.  Handled some and will work on others.
Betty left early, but I didn't walk, as Susan had an early doctor's appointment up north.  I was happy to get an early call from my gal pal, Aline, who suggested we go to Panini Bay for lunch.  Good choice, sez I, as I hadn't been there since before Sandy, which hit it hard.
Washed both sets of sheets from the guest room and re-made the beds, washed the guest baths towels, and put them back on the rack, and otherwise tidied up.  Calculated that 22 are coming to Dine-Around on Sunday, including Betty, and I returned some calls from responders.
Picked up Aline at our usual 12:30 and we went to Panini Bay.  Had a leisurely, and very pleasant and tasty lunch on its window-lined room overlooking the water.  After, went to Manahawkin; Aline to get shoes at Kohl's, I items at Shop-Rite.
We then went home and we sat on my warm, sunny, but comfortably breezy front porch with glasses of iced tea and one of our regular good, long conversations.  Later, A. viewed the latest videos and pictures of precious angel, K., in Tokyo, whom she calls "my baby."
One of the reasons I'm so fond of Aline is that she embraces so warmly the people I love.  There's no jealousy, no veiled criticism, no raised-eyebrow judgements, just pleasure in her friend's good fortune in having them.
Didn't drop A. off until after 6:00, then went home and called Romanelli's Garden Cafe to tell the catering manager how many for Dine-Around.  Made myself spaghetti and meatballs, fooled around a bit more on this machine, and that was Tuesday.
 

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...