Saturday, October 06, 2012

Whatta Day

Boyohboy, what a day.  Realized early on that I had almost nothing prepared for the Eagleswood County Fair today at which I'll staff a theatre company table.  Got out the big Little Egg Theatre Company sign and attached it to foam backing.  I'll also use the "past productions" poster I had made up last year for the library display window. 
Decided the most important thing was to publicize our up-coming play (in less than a week--yoicks!), so I went to Staples and had a 14" x 29" banner made up, which just copies the flyers I had done.  It came out pretty nicely, but of course, will be obsolete in less than a week, too.  I also have some flyer hand-outs for prospective attendees to take. 
While waiting for the banner, I picked up a few things at Shop-Rite, including three loaves of different kinds of bread (well, I don't know why),  then went back to Staples.  By the time I was able to get the banner and go home, it was after 2:00 and I was starved.  Made myself a chicken sandwich on multi-grain and drove over to Aline's, as their community is having a three-day yard sale.  Sat outside with her and Susan for an hour while I ate my lunch/dinner, then left.
Hoping to find an easel to borrow, I stopped at the clubhouse.  Carol didn't think we had any, but Norma H. happened to be there and showed me a cut-down box that can be used for one.  Hot dog!  I took it and it will serve.
Home about 5:00, I got a few more pieces assembled for the fair, then realized I needed--desperately need, had to have--a kind of putty which you can use to stick things to other things, but can be removed without damage to either.  Drove all the way back to Manahawkin to A.C. Moore and got it.  Finally completed my preparations and packed up some of it.  Called my Susan (my walking partner, as opposed to Aline's Susan) to ask if she has a clipboard.  She'll look.
Found a message from Tara C.  I had asked about about Dave F. her boyfriend, who's in our play.  Unfortunately, Dave is now in the hospital with an obstruction for which they're doing tests.  Tara said I could call him and I did last night.  Had a nice chat, but was so sorry he's still in a lot of pain.  He fervently hopes to be out in time to appear in the show and so do I, of course. 
It was after 7:00 before I got everything ready for today.  Put the stuff in the laundry room so I can load the car this morning and finally settled down with my w. and p.  Whew!

No comments:

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit: --Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside wat...