Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Quick Note After Storm

In answer to Jim's comment on "Halloween Party," and other inquiries:  I just got back from a refuge north, where my twin sister, Betty, and I have stayed since Monday.  Lost power on Monday and cell phones were working only erratically, if at all, during the three days.  We got along okay, but I'm home now, and it's so good to be back to normal (with electricity, that is!).  Luckily, my house suffered no damage at all.  My sister lives in Ventnor, next to Atlantic City on Absecon Island and is worried about the devastation there.  I understand, though, that the damage is not as bad as feared downbeach.  Lots of calls from others, too, of course.
Oddly, when we were in northern Jersey, my son, Mike, called several times to give us updates on the storm in Jersey. 
He lives in London.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Excellent! Glad to hear you're well and that your home is sound. Good thing there isn't a storm like that one every year!

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Great news you are OK. Hope Betty's house is intact too. I didn't lose power for which I am so grateful.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...