Monday, October 15, 2012

Over

Well, it's over.  After months and months of rehearsal, costume-searching, props contribution, and other preparation, the fourth and last performance was yesterday.
The matinee went well, although the audience was somewhat sparse.  There were many fewer than at other performances and it happened I didn't know a single person there.  No matter, 13 of my friends attended on Thursday, at least 12 on Friday, and 9, including family, on Saturday.  That totals 33, which is, I'll bet, more than any other actor drew. 
Earlier, Jeanne treated me to a late breakfast at Dockside.  Had a cheese omelet, a good choice, as I don't eat before a show, and it lasted me until 8:00 pm, when I had my second "meal" of the remainder of the quiche.
After, I showed J. the clubhouse, then we went home for me to shower and her to pack.  She left about 12:30 after a very pleasant and enjoyable visit.  I was especially glad to meet her brother, John, and will get in touch with him shortly with suggestions for breaking into acting.
The show over, the cast said goodbye.  This is always a wrench, as you get to become a kind of short-term family while you're all engaged in such and absorbing project.  It helps, though, to remember that future productions are coming up and you may well be reunited. 
I packed up the many props I had contributed (forgot my pigeon clock and a towel; will pick up later), and took Aline home.  We made dates for Wednesday (exercise at 3:00, dinner out, and a library Lizzie Borden program at 6:30) and Saturday (Players & Playwrights, then dinner with Louise).  Got a call from Betty and a Skype from Ellen, which, combined with the Skype from both my sons, made all of them checking in.  Made a salad, but saved for today, ate the rest of the quiche, had my p. and w., and slept like a log.
Small World Note:  I was chatting with our assistant stage manager for YCTIWY, Laura, a student at Stockton, and she mentioned that her last name is DeBlois.  That's a coincidence, I commented, the obstetrician who delivered three of my four children had the same name.  Laura gasped, looked at me, and said, "That was my grandfather." 
 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...