Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Party

Drove to Manahawkin to get face paint; wouldn't dream of approaching Shop-Rite or any other store that sells food.  Everywhere was mobbed, of course, the fear factor having been thoroughly assimilated by the populace without a fight or even a thought.
My preparation for this year's storm of the century--as opposed to last year's--were to get two bottles of Chardonnay, $150 in cash, and a full tank of gas.  Also removed the pumpkins, black cat and spider, and other outdoor ornaments from the yard and put them in the garage.  Now I feel I'm ready for whatever Nature throws me.
For the Halloween party, I had borrowed a witch hat from Susan--very cute, with a little spider dangling from a kind of spiral on the top--but discovered it was so small it wouldn't fit on my head.  Must be made for a child, so I returned it.  Instead, I put on a long white wig and painted my face white with zombie-black eyes.  I added my new "skull scarf" to all-black clothes, and that was it.
Got to the party at 6:00 and sat with Mary and Don S., and six other congenial couples and singles.  It was fun, but strands of the damn wig kept clinging to my face.  I'd say about fifty people attended; I was surprised there weren't more.  In the old days, there'd be about twice that.  It started at six and I was home before 9:00/
I polled my neighbors, both on the street and at the party, and found that not a single one was leaving because of the storm.  I don't want to, either, so we'll see.  
Dine-Around dinner tonight for which organizer Judy wants all the women to dress as witches.  I'm not doing that again, so my total costume is going to consist of all-black clothes and a witch hat I'll borrow from Barbara H.

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

I trust you're simply lacking internet access ... standing by ...

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...