Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Good, although long, day. Sent a package off to P. and N., just a little pre-Christmas thing. Picked Marge up at 11:00 and drove to the hospital. Fred had been admitted early so he could be weaned off something or other--can't remember--and put on Heparin (?). He was in good form, talking and reminiscing, and when lunch came, ate every bit. Marge and I went downstairs for lunch and when we came up, Fred's surgeon had been in. Marge was very disappointed because she wanted to talk to him, bur for some reason, didn't want to page or call him. Eerily, Fred is on the same floor that Pat was when he died and may be in the same room. I didn't mention this to Marge or Fred.
I stayed until about 3:00--Marge's son-in-law was coming in from Ocean City to take her home--and I got home in time to do a few things, then dressed for the Wellspouse dinner.
Got to Vivian's work place at 5:30 and she drove to Manalapan, about an hour and a half through dense northern Jersey traffic. The dinner was great fun: I was greeted with hugs--this was the first time I had attended since Pat died--and had a wonderful time. The wine flowed freely and so did the talk. Had wonderful grilled swordfish and Myron, one of the regulars, although his wife died several years ago, served up wonderful chocolate pecan cookies. He makes dessert for each gathering--just likes to--all delicious and all from scratch.
We stayed for several hours, then said our goodbyes. Got back to Manahawkin to pick up my car well after 10:00, and home after 11:00. I had told Susan I probably wouldn't walk and I didn't; got up at 7:00, two hours later than usual, but feel good and full of beans.
NOW I gotta get serious about Christmas presents, cards, and so on!

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...