Monday, December 06, 2010

I'm doing the cover for January Breeze, so spent a lot of time assembling new year props and arranging them on a bench to photograph. I wasn't satisfied with the shiny banner ("Happy New Year1"), so drove to Staples in Manahawkin and had one made that reads: "The best if yet to come..." and it looks pretty good. Not sure how good my photo is though. I sent it off to Mary, our de facto editor, and await her response.
Amy Z. called to give me two corrections on the profile. It seems I accidentally wrote that she and Conrad are "ecumenical ministers," instead of "Eucharistic ministers," but actually the title is "Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion." Corrected, then sent it off, along with my other piece ("Piano Lessons").
Got a web cam call from sister Betty, and saw her little granddaughter, Scarlett, who's such a cutie. She's just a bit older than Violet--wish they could play together.
Talked to Ellen later. We decided I probably wouldn't stop at her place in California when I go to Asia in February. I hope this is what Mike and I decided, as we went back and forth on it.
Ocean Club luncheon at SeaOaks today.
LATER: Yoicks! It just occurred to me that, this week alone, I have three lunches and a dinner! Will be fun, but...you know, the weight thing. Reminds me of that old Brit verse which, for some reason, I've always liked:
What care I how fat I be?
Twenty pounds will marry me,
If twenty shan't, forty shall--
I'm my mother's bouncing girl.
I love the bland complacence, the shrugging off of the "fat girl" complex, and most of all, I love the courage of the last two lines: They don't rhyme!

2 comments:

iloveac said...

...and you sounded like you were going to be a follower of that Michael Pollan (sp??) food guru. It's really tough to avoid putting the wgt back on...I'm at that point now. It was so easy to lose it, but now it's a constant battle to keep it off. My cholesterol level and B/P #s are a pretty good motivator for me. I gotta find a way to balance the 'goodies' with the 'healthies'. I read recently that there is a fat gene...so that would explain why some family members have no problem maintaining weight and others in the same family must struggle. It's much more than 'will power'.

Mimi said...

Actually, Pat, I still am a Pollen follower: I eat only vegetables--of all kinds--at home and almost never meat, even chicken, except when I'm out. My BP has been excellent and I still have lots of energy. Of course, I walk every day with Susan and go to exercise three times a week. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to compensate for my riotous behavior when I go out and, probably, spending too much time at the computer...sigh...

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...