Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Coming back, but not entirely smoothly. Had a nice, very quiet birthday with my girls. Lots of good wishes from others, too. Susan came over and brought me a beautiful scarf and a bottle of white Zin (ha! Can't have alcohol with the antibiotic, but I'll enjoy it later.) Ellen made delicious veggie soup and we just had that with ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner (I had only soup). I had told the girls not to get a cake as we had the wonderful homemade cookie tray from the D.'s and every piece was incredibly yummy. Talked and laughed after. I turned in about 8:30--it's hard to get used to being so wiped out with just normal activity--and slept until 5:00.
Feel fairly okay--about 80percent, I guess. Dentist today; hope I can make it.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Free unsolicited (the kind you like best...LOL) advice from your friendly nurse:
usually the recovery following that type of surgery is rather easy, HOWEVER, considering you had a full blown gallbladder attack compounded by infection no wonder you don't feel so great. Anesthesia alone can make you feel wiped out. So, I think it's great you report 80% back to normal.
You chose not to eat the ham...OK, but remember you need protein for healing following surgery...so be sure you're getting enough of it.
So glad you are home. Hope the trip to the dentist was worth it.
Next week you'll be in sunny Ca.
/p

Mimi said...

Actually, I had had a (half) ham sandwich earlier in the day. Washn't hungray at all at dinner. I will remember the protein thing, too. Improving today--see tomorrow's entry. Thanks for your comment, Pat.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...