Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Mary liked the cover and it will be used for The Breeze. Got my articles in, plus pictures, so for this month, it's put to bed (an old-fashioned phrase, but I'm nothing if not old-fashioned).
Just interrupted with a call from Patrick and Natsue. We discussed my trip there in February--can't wait!
Susan picked me up for the luncheon at SeaOaks. I was taken aback at the number of people there--all women and surely, at least a hundred of them. I was still a bit--well, not exactly annoyed, but let's say, "surprised with overtones" because the affair didn't benefit any charity. I thought it was pricey, too: thirty bucks, plus a ten dollar "gift," plus the cost of tickets for the tricky tray. Susan and I also bought a glass of wine for $5.50, plus tip. Everybody got a door prize and I picked a nicely wrapped cylinder I was sure was wine, but damn, it was a package of four apple candles I need like a hole in the head. Oh, well, it was fun; didn't get home until after 4:00 and immediately changed and went to the library.
Was disappointed to learn from friend Vivian that she was mistaken about the date of the Wellspouse dinner. It isn't today, it's next Tuesday. Had to change my dentist appointment for that day.
Got a call from friend Marge to tell me Fred's surgery date and ask if I can take her to the hospital on the 16th and possibly, the 14th, too. I'll be glad to, of course, I told her.
Getting my hair cut today.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...