Saturday, December 11, 2010

No wonder I love this time of year: Yesterday, we--Barb H., her sister, Pat and the other Pat (H.), Susan and I--went on the Tuckerton Christmas tour. Of course, we lunched first at the Tuckerton Emporium. I had pistacio tuna salad and delishious cream of tomato with basil soup.
Tour was fun, as ever (this is about the fifth time we've gone). First the Seaport old house, then other private homes were on display and we went to all of them. Some were tastefully decorated, some laughingly over-the-top (invariably, the owner would equate apending thousands of dollars with exhibiting good taste), but all were interesting and fun to tour.
We were home by 3:00 and I zipped over to the library to get the CD of Doubt, which I've been dying to see and Outside Looking In, the new boook by "observer" (as he puts it) Garry Wills, which I had requested.
I had invited the D.'s to come over for coffee and dessert, partly to discuss my LETCO duties with Frank. Got slices of birthday cake out of the freezer, along with the cookies Susan had baked and given me after Thanksgiving, and served them. Frank and Barb came over about 7:00 and stayed for two hours. We had such an enjoyable time talking about the theatre company, our travels, and other topics.
Will go up to Trenton today for the reading.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...