Thursday, February 11, 2010

More of the damn stuff came down yesterday. First it rained--I think, or it may have just been melt-off--then snowed again. Everything was slushy, and is now icy. I stayed in all day, although good neighbor Ray was kind enough to dig out the end of the driveway where the city plow had piled a barrier of snow.
Anne Mary called to say she had been up to Trader Joe's. She then came over to give me a "kumato"--a purplish brown tomato. She assured me it tastes just like a regular tomato (so why bother to drive up to Monmouth County to get brown ones?). She also gave me a Meyer lemon and a blood orange. Haven't yet eaten them, but will.
Was so pleased to get a call from my cousin, Marifran, in Cincinnati and we talked and talked for about an hour. Aside from that, I just started on my closet--aagh!--and more or less hung out all day.
Had just started this when I got a cam call from P. and N.; enjoyed seeing and talking to them, as ever. I was amazed to see the guys from Meticulous using the snow blower at 6:15 am in the dark. They nicely cleared off my sidewalk and driveway and even removed the new mound by the street. Yay, I can get out! I'm going to write Meticulous a letter to commend the snow removers for their good work.
Today, February 11, is Pat's birthday.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...