Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another slow-pokey day. Went to Shop-Rite to pick up ingredients for the salad and dressing I'm bringing to our Steel Magnolias "Girls Night Out" party today. Also got a six-pack of Coors Light for the occasion. We're going to have a hair dresser come and show the participants how to fix hair. Should be great fun.
Other than that and running a few errands, I mostly stayed in and read. Am reading a biography of singer Kate Smith, who was very big in the thirties to sixties. It's pretty good--filled with detail, which is the way I like my bios--and it sheds light on her relationship with her long-time manager, Ted Collins.
Other than that, nothing going on around here.
Oh-ho! I'm going to wax literary now and point out--as I'm sure the reader has already noticed--that I just repeated the phrase "other than that" in quick succession. It's funny how I didn't realize it when I was writing it the second time. I guess one's mind just likes certain words or combinations thereof, and lets the configuration pass.
Or something....
And that comment is clear evidence that I have nothing to say--so get off the page, Mimi!

2 comments:

Jonathan Versen said...

Mimi, keep in mind that 'anonymous' was probably posted by a so-called spambot, i.e. a software application that responded to keywords in your post to select it as an advertising target, and not an actual person.

Mimi said...

I thought that, Jon, and I've gotten increasingly annoyed by having this happen more and more. I hate the idea of "approving" comments before they're posted--censorship and it's so prissy--but I may have to resort to that. Do you know of any other solution?

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...