Saturday, February 27, 2010

I guess we got five or six more inches, and I wasn't about to go on our morning walk while it was still sitting there. The guys got it squared away quickly, though, and about 3:00, I put my layers of winter gear on and went over to invite Susan to walk then. She was happy to, so we got our daily mile and a half in after all. There were several places where we had to veer onto the sidewalk (we usually walk in the street) to get around the plows, but that was okay.
Was delighted to get a call from niece, Joan, in Suffern, NY. She and Jim are now snug at home, although it took her several hours to get back when she left work in Manhattan on Thursday. Their t.v., computer, and land line were all out, as they're covered by the same carrier--not Comcast, though. We had a good talk and she then sent me pictures of her and her boy, Jeremy's, dinner with Mike.
Speaking of M., I'm glad I heard from him. He e-mailed to say his plane took off from JFK at 2 am, two hours late, but he arrived back in Singapore with no problem.
Got to the store to pick up tomatoes, broccoli, and a few other staples. The streets aren't bad and I'm glad we escaped the worst. Other then the above, not much happening around here.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...