Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Finally got out yesterday. Went to Santori's for a yummy array of fresh veggies and to Shop-Rite for other staples, such as cottage cheese. Later, i was able to take my walk, although I shortened to maybe a mile, as I kept running into broad patches of ice or pressed snow in the street. The guys are still working valiantly to push some of the snow off areas that were missed before. I was amazed that they went over the sidewalks with snow blowers. Some are almost completely clear, but I stuck to the street, as others still have pressed snow or ice on them. It was great to get out and walk and also, to drive to Galloway. The public streets, including the NJ Parkway, are completely clear and dry.
I had mentioned to neighbor Anne Mary how much I like tangerine juice, which Ellen got at Trader Joe's when I was in California. There are no Joe's around here, but AM goes to one up north regularly. She did yesterday and was going to pick me up some, but darn--she was told it's discontinued on the east coast. She did bring me some mango tea, which I accepted with thinks, all the while thinking, "Why do people give me tea? I really don't like it that much." However, I brewed up a cup late in the day and enjoyed it a lot. Goes to show--well, not a damn thing, just that I like mango tea. Had a nice chat with Marge. She's doing okay, although still plagued with allergies and insomnia.
More snow expected today or tomorrow. Sigh....

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...