Sunday, February 14, 2010

Good friend and neighbor, Leslie, invited me over to see the 2007 move, Lions To Lambs. An anti-war movie with a three-themed plot, it starred Meryl Streep, Ton Cruise, and Robert Redford, who also directed. They were all so utterly believable--I guess that could go without saying for Streep and Redford, but Cruise, I thought, was just absolutely great. He personified the ultimate DC pol, replete with war bravado--although, naturally, never having seen battle himself--and so forthcoming with "patriotic" cliches, it's impossible to see any humanity underneath. I looked up reviews later, and found the movie was generally panned for a lack of inventiveness, among other complaints. Maybe so, but to me, it was refreshing to see something other than blind adherence to the twisted pronouncements of our benighted officials, the media, and the military.
Earlier, I had time to clear out my walk-in closest and, wonder of wonders, now I can actually walk in.
Meeting Mary Ellen for lunch today.
WIDER NOTE: I consider the ICCAE infomation so huge and so horrifying, I'm putting it in a separate post.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...