Monday, September 15, 2008

Went to the Women's Club meeting yesterday. A scrumptious sheet cake comprised the refreshments, but I contented myself with a cup of coffee. Home by 3:00 and immediately changed, then hauled out the garden utensils and transplanted Sea Thrift (a small mounded perennial) and a fair-sized mum. Boy, was it hot and humid.
Went in and made myself a casserole of eggplant, tomatoes, onions, and Italian seasoning. Ate it all. Washed and cut lettuce, assembled my salad and set out other items for today, when we go to the dermatologist for Pat's hours-long M.O.H.S. procedure. Put two loads of wash in, and folded the first. Will deal with whites later. Ran to store and got milk.
Gave Pat (bought) chicken potpie for dinner and I had broccoli, half a leftover potato, and one large spoonful of the potpie.
Talked to both my girls last night and got e-mails from both my boys. Jumped in the shower, then settled blissfully down with my wine and popcorn.
It occurs to me that, before I lost the 72 pounds, a day like the above would have been impossible. I would have been so exhausted, I couldn't have done it. It's amazing how much energy I have now!

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...