Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Got my hair cut at 11:00 and it looks good. Was outside the house about noon when friend Mary Ann happened to drive by. She stopped and we decided to go to lunch after we fed our husbands. Went to "The Common Ground" and had a mediocre garden salad and so-so service. I didn't care much for the place under its former owners and don't like it now. Had a nice time with Mary Ann, though, who came into our place after for coffee and to say hello to Pat.
Enjoyed having Old George for dinner last night; I actually had the meal myself, but in moderation.* The pork tenderloin was tender and tasty and with it, I served peas, baked potatoes, and gravy, plus applesauce and cranberry/applesauce (in the freezer, left over from Thanksgiving). Guess it was somewhat of a "wintertime" meal, but that was fine by George, who is such a satisfying guest--very appreciative. He brought more of his home-grown tomatoes, and I sliced them down, too. Made that wonderful Blueberry Buckle for dessert (I skipped eating that, at least) and the guys gobbled it up. When it was just out of the oven, I took some to next-door neighbor Barb, who had recent surgery. Also took two portions to Susan before our walk this morning.
*Usually, I give Pat things he likes, which tend to be up in the stratosphere when it comes to calories, and I have the food that allowed me to lose 71 pounds. In truth, I make six meals a day, as there is very little he likes that I eat. I like almost everything he eats, but I dare not eat it or I'd be back up there in weight.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...