Saturday, September 20, 2008

Had a delightful day with Barb H., her sister, Pat, and Kathy D. yesterday. We went first to the Carrenza Memorial, the obelisk out in the pines dedicated to the Mexican flier who crashed in the 1920's ("The Mexican Lindbergh"). Kathy and I had been there before, but Barb and Pat hadn't. We then traveled a few miles to Russo's Farm Market in Tabernacle and bought scads of great, grown-on-the-farm, vegetables and fruit. After that, we had lunch at Buzby's in Chatsworth, a little country store in a the tiny town. I had a tuna salad on whole wheat (it's been months since I've had a sandwich) and a cup of hot tea. We looked around the gift shop and chatted with the proprietress, Marilyn Schmidt, also an author. I bought her A Self-Guided Tour, Chatsworth & Vicinity. The weather was perfect: clear blue skies, bright sun, and just a hint of fall in the air.
Got home about 2:30 and found the peace vigil had been canceled. Enjoyed two peaches, a yam, and a big bowl of broccoli for dinner and just gave Pat soup and a sandwich.
Mike called, holding sweet Violet. Vivian, adorable as ever, showed off her dolls, including several fairies and Sleeping Beauty.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...