Friday, September 05, 2008

Had a delightful day at the beach yesterday. A. and I had lunch at her house, then spent the day lolling in Belmar. I had borrowed Susan's beach chair, which has shade attached and it was great; I'm determined to get one as soon as possible. We sat in the sun, talked, and read our books, then walked down the beach to Spring Lake, about a mile away. Didn't go all the way in the water, only up to our knees or so.
As it was after Labor Day, there were no lifeguards, no beach fee, and not a lot of people. What a pleasure!
For lunch, which I brought to A.'s, I had a small salad, half a yam, yogurt, and a luscious pear A. gave me. Getting home just at 6:00, I asked Pat if I could just give him a ham, cheese, and tomato sandwich and with a cup of tea, he was okay with that. I've made complete meat, potatoes, vegetable, and dessert dinners for him consistently, and I don't think a casual dinner once in a while will kill him--.
Ouch! What is wrong with me, that I think I have to apologize for serving my husband something less than a "complete dinner" once in a while? Heaven forbid, I must be turning into Sarah Palin, although I draw the line at moose...

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...