Friday, September 26, 2008

Such fun with T yesterday. Took him for a walk around town, then to the mall where they have strollers to borrow. After that, went to a restaurant for lunch. I got a Cobb salad and gave the little guy avocado and hard-boiled egg. He ate some, but enjoyed more dipping a straw in my water and licking the end.
Got home about 3:30. Gave Pat ham and I had a Boca burger, half an acorn squash, and salad.
Am furious at the latest swindles and crimes the D.C. crowd seems to be discussing. I think this "bailout," is being carefully orchestrated by both parties behind closed doors. Soon, an "agreement" will be reached and thrust upon us. It will be a tad under $700,000,000,000 so we'll be encouraged to believe we're lucky to have escaped some of the burden.
And McC., one of the most prominent architects of this disaster, now has the gall to trumpet his pious intention to suspend his campaign and go back to Washington and help rob the taxpayers. Bush, of course, trots out ever once in a while to issue moronic, meaningless statements with an air of having other things on his mind. Thieves and hucksters screwing the public! Robyn had it right with her "rage and helplessness" remark.
Here's a complete article from the libertarian blog, LewRockwell.com. I don't agree with a lot of their philosophy, but this rings a bell. It's called, and describes, "The Bailout In A Nutshell."
"Taking money from people who made good investments and giving it people who made bad investments in the hope that the people who made bad investments will make good investments in the future and the people who made good investments will keep making them even though they will have less money to do so."

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Well, Mimi, I may have to nibble on a little bit of crow for my dinner. I claimed that the $700B bank bonanza was a "done deal," and I may well have been mistaken. I still think the vultures are going to feast on us, but it does look as if the process isn't running smoothly. Yesterday's noted blowup may just have been political theater pitched at us boobs, but it may also reveal some substantial turbulence on the road to Plutocrat Paradise. I'm still expecting that, sometime next week, our supervisors will be announcing that they have heroically saved us from the horrors of going unfleeced ... but if I'm wrong, I'll be happy to admit it. Downright tickled, in fact.

Off-subject: I'm a new reader, and I've been trying to sort out the cast of characters here. I infer that T is a young male citizen: a nephew? Grandson? I don't have enough data to deduce Pat's gender or relationship to you (other than, clearly, a person to whom you sometimes give ham). Who are these people? How do they come to be in the Garden State?

Mimi said...

Jim, I'm having problems with sending via Outlook Express. I think I can use Comcast, but will you please send me your e-mail address so I can respond privately? Thanks.

Jim Wetzel said...

No problem, Mimi ... I'll just spell it out to maybe complicate the task of the automated harvester bots a little. It's jcwetzel[at]mchsi[dot]com. (Not that it matters, really; I'm already getting plenty-o-spam.)

And, by the way, I'm always a little hesitant to ask ladies questions about things that are really none of my business. If what I asked falls into that category, telling me so definitely won't hurt my feelings.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...