Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another nice day yesterday: Barb H. and I went to the annual open house at the Rutgers Extension Marine Station, where biologists study fish. I've always wanted to go, but other things came up. One of the visiting scientist (who talked about crabs) was a guy who teaches at Rider and I enjoyed talking to him.
Earlier, I took a dry run to Toms River in preparation for Pat's visit to the plastic surgeon tomorrow. It's pretty straightforward, I was glad to find. On the way home, dropped several things off at the SOCH thrift store, including--reluctantly--the three bird cages (long story; somebody gave them to me) I've had hanging in the garage for several years.
Pat's cousin, Joe, called from Florida while I was out and they had a nice chat.
After dinner, I rang up Ellen on the web cam, as I was under the impression it was Sunday. That's her usual time to call, and I wanted to see the two candidates on 60 Minutes. It was Saturday, so the joke was on me, but as ever, we enjoyed talking. Discussed the election and agreed that if the McPalin ticket gets in, the country is going down the tubes.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...